Thank you for making the 2nd NACMID/NEB-ASM Joint Conference a success!
Evolving Topics in Microbiology
Held on April 3-4, 2017
Four Points by Sheraton, 1 Audobon Road, Wakefield, MA
Please visit http://www.nacmid.org/2017-nacmid-ne-asm-meeting to access links to the available presentations.
Monday April 3, 8:00am – 4:30pm, Full Day Workshops:
• Diagnostic Medical Parasitology with Lynne Garcia, MS, CLS (Sponsored by Medical Chemical)
• Medical Mycology with Nancy Miller, MD
• Anaerobic Microbiology for Small Community Hospital Labs with Gloria Petruzziello, MS, M, SM(ASCP)
• Antimicrobial Stewardship: The Role of the Laboratory, moderated by Shira Doron, MD.
o April Bobenchik, PhD, D(ABMM)
o Gail Scully, MD
o Richard Olans, MD
o Michael Newstein, MD
o Kirthana Beaulac, PharmD
o Beverley L. Orr, MT(ASCP)
o Robert Duncan, MD
o Rita Olans, DNP, CPNP, APRN-BC
o Ashley Conley, MS, CPH, CHEP
Tuesday April 4, 8:00am – 4:30pm General Sessions:
Plenary Sessions, 8am – 12pm:
• Gut microbiome with Lynn Bry, MD, PhD
• Selected Parasitic Protozoa Update with Lynne Garcia, MS, CLS
• Student Presentations, speakers TBD
Public Health Track, 2pm – 4:30pm:
• Panel Discussion: Career Paths in Microbiology, moderated by Roger Greenwell, PhD.
o Jennifer C. Clifford, PhD
o Andrew Consiglio, BS
o Shoolah Escott, MS, MT(ASCP)
o Rick Danforth
• Should We Engineer the Mosquito? A Forum on Genetic Engineering and Disease Prevention with Roger Greenwell, PhD
Clinical Track, 2pm – 4:30pm
• MALDI-TOF Lecture and Panel, moderated by Beverley Orr, MT(ASCP).
o Michael Palte, MD, PhD
o Wilson Vientos, MS, MT(ASCP)SM
o Wendy B. Gillespie, MT(ASCP)
o Ruth White, MT(ASCP)
o Ulyianna Michaud, MT(ASCP)